Monday, February 25, 2008

665 Question for Week 2/18

Melissa asks: How did you select the technology you are utilizing? How are your learners responding thus far?

We as a group (Teacher & Students) selected SketchUp for a couple of reasons. First off it was FREE, and next because it has the capability to download into a program that we can utilize with CNC Machinery.

My students have thoroughly enjoyed the experience of learning how to use SketchUp and also being able to actually visualize their project before they start to build it. My students have also developed better relationships with some of their parents from being able to show their parents what they are doing, instead of trying to explain something they are unable to explain very good.

My students are designing two different projects each that differ from each other. They will also be entering their work in a weekly contest that SketchUp offers.

Very exciting adventure, to see the change in myself and my views and how those changes effect my students process of learning.

Brent

No comments: