Saturday, February 2, 2008

Essential Question

Did my learning experience map out a goal? It was not written down but it was understood between the two of us that we are trying to understand better how people learn and how to get there. I would say it was understood between us where we were wanting to go.

Having a goal, and understanding that goal is what drives me in my learning.
It gives me a topic to focus all other topics around and connect to. It is what is in the back of my mind all the time trying to understand and make connections of the experiences I am having on the outside. With out the goal in mind there is no direction, and no way to connect past experiences with new ones. That is what is wrong with most school systems, students don't have those goals out front most of the time and then, if they do the path that is given to learn is disconnected from the goal. In Ubd it talks about just because the students are engaged doesn't mean they are learning what you want them to. They will be learning but what they are learning may have nothing related to what your goal is. First there must be goals but the path there must also be planned carefully and thoroughly, or the students will get lost .

Brent

No comments: