Thursday, March 6, 2008

2/25 665

Are my students engaged in their learning?

I would have to say that they are fully engaged in what they are learning. First because what they are learning was student directed, they selected the what they wanted to learn about. My students wanted to learn how to build Duck Calls, and what a journey it has been. They have seen how such a simple device can evolve into something very big. They thought it would be a fairly simple task and they have learned math, drafting/3D drafting, wood working, metal working, safety, blogging, their eyes have been opened wide in their quest to learn. My students have been so excited through this whole process, it has just been amazing. People ask "How do you really know if they have learned, how do you know your assessment is valid?". Well I can look at my students faces and see the gleam of excitement daily, the look of fulfillment when they finish a task, or the energy at the end of the project when they show you what they have created and the process they went through to get there. There is also the sense of excitement to start on a new adventure again.

No comments: