Sunday, March 23, 2008

3/3 Design Practices

From your experience in OMET thus far, what design practice has resonated with you the most? Why?

This might sound cheesy but I would have to say backwards design. It has really made a connection with me, it is the link to my teaching that I have been searching for. I have always done a good job at teaching for the standards and the essential questions, but there has always been something missing and UbD as filled that gap. I found that by following the backwards design method those empty areas and lost moments can be filled. It also help my students be able to find more relevance to what they are doing and why. Relevance in my students lives is the greatest driving force to this to this model and from what I can see is why it is so successful.

Brent

No comments: