Monday, January 14, 2008

Successful learning experience

I think one of my successful learning experiences was giving my arp students the opportunity to figure out how to start-run-operate a metal lathe without any help except for safety aspects.

It was the first experience that many of them had had ever trying to figure out how to do something without a parent or teacher giving instruction or answers along the way. They really had a hard time at first, but as the process went along it go easier for a few of them.

What made it successful, was they had a relevant experience dealing with a tool that they would directly be involved in using with their projects.

My role was to make it a safe, relevant, reflective and skill development activity.


It was a moment of change for me in my learning, and the possibilities that are out there.

No comments: